Saturday, April 24, 2010

A MOMENTARY LAPSE INTO VEGETARIANISM




Savoy
2500 Southeast Clinton
Portland, OR 97202-1239
(503) 808-9999‎

So I mentioned Doug Fir is my most common late night spot in Portland. Well here is the other, Savoy.

On this particular night I was strangely impulsively compelled to try the veggie burger. I am a carnivore to the bone, but hey, if I can satisfy a burger urge with a healthier substitute once in a while, why not right?

Well, now I know why goddamn not. Because despite sharing the "burger" title, a veggie burger is not and can never be a substitute for good ol' red meat (or even turkey, which I like). The patty was mushy, leafy and the total opposite texture on the tongue from beef. Duh- I should have known. Sorry Savoy, it's not your fault. The veggie burger is flawed in it's very concept. Never again.

2 comments:

Jillian Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Are you starving or just lazy? Pull it together Jay.