Saturday, April 24, 2010

DOUG FIR & ASSORTED HOME EATING


Burnside Biscuit



Doug Fir Lounge
830 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 334-0754

It's strangely remarkable and funny how I've never posted about Doug Fir on this blog. It is unequivocally my most frequented restaurant in Portland, without question. Doug Fir has served as my family and I's default place to eat for years, largely for two reasons: 1. they are one of the only places in town that cater to our night owl tendencies, 2: the atmosphere (designed by modern architect Jeff Kovel). However, the food is good too. Doug Fir excels particularly in their breakfast/brunch menu. The Burnside Biscuit is a pretty frequent choice for me on Sunday mornings, accompanied with a bowl of fresh fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice.



Kaiser rolls always remind me of growing up in New York and corner delis.





Valentine's Day breakfast. A typical breakfast at the Jay's, beside the insta-toothache cupcakes.

Stocking up on some of our favorite Japanese goodies.

No comments: